While certain exercises might be gender and age specific, the sexual energy series has something for everyone. It is recommended that you read everything and apply what is relevant to you. Whether you’re single, celibate, sexually active, going through menstruation or have passed menopause you can cultivate sexual energy.
The ovaries and testicles store a wealth of sexual energy. This energy remains restricted to the genitals unless sexual kung-fu is practiced. Much of it is lost because of bad eating habits, negative emotions and most importantly through ejaculation and menstruation. With sexual energy training we can retain this vital life force and use it for ourselves.
A healthy spine increases overall health.
The spine is the staircase that transports sexual energy to the crown. Certain parts of the spine can temporarily store and refine sexual energy as it travels up each vertebra.
For some individuals getting the energy up the spine is a challenging hurdle that may take months or even years. For others it happens in a few weeks. How fast the energy reaches up the spine depends on general health, lifestyle, emotional state and consistency of practice.
After the energy goes up the spine it flows into the head filling the pineal and pituitary glands. When activated these glands elevate the mind to a higher level of consciousness.
It does not matter how long the energy takes to travel up the spine. The important thing is being consistent with practice.
When sexual energy finally starts traveling up the spine, it may be barely detectable, but this trace amount still has a positive effect. With consistency the amount of energy traveling up the spine along with the benefits it carries will increase.
The sacrum is at the base of the spine. The sacrum along with another region in the upper neck helps to circulate cerebrospinal fluid in the body. Two of the many functions of this fluid are flushing toxins from brain tissue and protecting them from injury.
The following stretches help to keep the spine flexible and make the task of transporting the energy to the head easier.
The stretches also help to prevent kundalini syndrome. This is when raw energy that is not properly channeled gets stuck in the pathways or organs. Kundalini syndrome may cause physical and psychological disorders.
These exercises may be done before your sexual energy training.
Sit on the floor with hands and arms straight forward. Legs should be slightly apart.
Slowly bend forward while exhaling and pushing the navel to the spine. Arms go past the feet or as far as you can manage. As you come back up again inhale.
This may be repeated 6, 9, or 13 times. See figures 1 and 2.
In the same position twist from left to right while exhaling on each twist. This may be repeated 6, 9, or 13 times. See figures 3 and 4.
This powerful but easy exercise enables you to channel more energy through the sacrum by increasing its mobilization. It releases stiffness and inflammation that block the energy pathways in the sacrum. This may be done daily as many times as you feel like.
Simply lie on your stomach and hang your head over the bed while swinging your legs back and forth left over right and right over left. See figures 5. 6. 7 and 8.
The ovaries have a wealth of sexual energy and because a woman will not have thousands of children most of her eggs are not needed for reproduction. Energy from the ovaries is expelled through monthly menstruation. The blood lost is a vital life force. Ovarian breathing is one of the techniques that help women retain some or all of this energy so they may use it to nourish internal organs.
How Sexual Energy Travels In Women
The sexual energy extracted in ovarian breathing must be circulated in the body. When the technique is mastered the energy leaves the ovaries and takes a trip through the body until it ends up in the stomach. See figure 9.
Goes to the vagina then perineum (area between vagina and anus)
Then up the spine or back channel and travels through:
After jade pillow it reaches the Head then flows down the front channel and travels through:
Finally it goes to Stomach where it may be safely stored.
Figure 9 illustrates how the sexual energy circulates in women which is similar to how it circulates in men.
Follow the arrows to see the energy’s journey. The circle is an energy storage area behind the navel called tan tien. It is the final destination where the energy may be safely stored and drawn upon whenever needed. (Though the energy may be stored in the heart this is not recommend for beginners as it may be too hot to handle in that area.)
Benefits Of Ovarian Breathing
Fast food, fast sex without commitment and always being on the go is the way of many in the modern world. Lack of spiritual practice, exposure to pollution, negative emotions, stress, unhealthy foods, bad eating habits, over-stimulation from entertainment and technology all contribute to loss of energy. The fast life has no depth and drains energy from all regions of the body. However the biggest factor is the monthly blood loss women experience.
Ovarian breathing helps women retain the sexual energy lost in menstruation so it may be circulated internally. Circulating this energy brings new life to the internal organs especially the brain allowing the individual to operate on a higher level. Each time you practice the amount of energy you retain will increase. After a while the cramps and pain fade as periods get lighter or stop completely.
The exercise helps women to increase fertility and become multi-orgasmic. It helps to make menopause a stress free experience.
Ovarian breathing may be done lying down, standing, or sitting near the edge of a chair. Sitting is the recommend posture.
During the exercises you should concentrate on the body part where the energy is present. If your mind strays the energy can escape.
Wear warm clothing to prevent chi from leaking through the vagina.
All breathing is done through the nose.
During the exercise you will take short breaks anywhere from 15 seconds to 2 minutes. The short rest periods allow the energy to flow through your body without much effort on your part. During these breaks keep your awareness on the internal energy while using your mind to guide it.
It’s best to do the exercise in stages as shown. Each week start from the beginning and add new levels after mastering the previous stages. After mastering all levels the entire exercise may be performed as one.
Each session ends with a circular massage that helps to release tension and disperse left over energy.
In total there are 20 steps.
Step By Step
Week 1 & 2 Ovarian Palace
Channels: ovarian palace, vagina, perineum.
Sit on the edge of a chair with feet shoulder width apart.
(1) Locate your ovaries by creating a diamond formation with your hands and place it on your belly. Seen in figures 10, 11 and 12 . Your thumbs meet at the navel. The section that your entire hand covers is called the Ovarian Palace. Your little fingers are resting directly over your two ovaries.
(2) Visualize your ovaries and concentrate on them (see female reproductive system figure 13 and 14 reference).
(3) Inhale in short sips while mildly squeezing the PC muscle. As you squeeze the PC muscle try to gently contract or close the vagina.
The inhalation and contraction may be compared to sipping liquid through a straw. Your breath is acting like a vacuum pulling the energy to your PC Muscle as you gently squeeze it.
(4) Exhale and guide the sexual energy with your mind from the ovaries to the front section of your perineum (This is the area between the vagina and anus).
Focus your attention on your perineum. If focus is lost energy can leak from the perineum through the vagina. The attention of the mind is what holds the energy in place.
Finish by massaging the perineum in a circular motion counter-clockwise and clockwise
Practice bringing the energy from Ovarian Palace to perineum for about two weeks before moving it up the spine.
Week 3 Sacrum
Channels: ovarian palace, vagina, perineum, sacrum.
After mastering the ability to move your energy from ovarian palace to vagina to perineum the next step is to move it to the sacrum.
You will start the same exercise again and take it further. Do only steps 1 to 4 above, then add steps 5 to 7. Finish with the massage.
(5) Rest for a minute while being aware of the energy as it travels without your contractions from ovarian palace to perineum. When enough energy has gathered in the perineum slightly inhale while contracting the middle and back of your perineum. Many of these muscles go unused in people and might take a while to revive.
(6) As you inhale and contract the middle and back of your perineum guide the energy up your sacrum. (See figure 9 above for reference.)
(7) Visualize pulling the energy up on each inhalation.
Massage the perineum, and lower back in a circular motion counter-clockwise and clockwise.
Practice this for about a week before moving to the next level.
Week 4 T-11
Channels: ovarian palace, vagina, perineum, sacrum, t-11.
The station after the sacrum is T-11 which is located further up the spine. Again you will begin from the start and extend the exercise. Do steps 1 to 7 above then add step 8 and finish with the massage.
(8) During contraction and inhalation straighten your back as if you were pushing it against a wall. Then tilt your sacrum forward while pushing your chin down towards your chest and straightening the back of your neck and skull.
Finish by massaging the perineum, lower back, the middle of your back and the back of your neck in a circular motion counter-clockwise then clockwise. As you massage your back try to feel the bones in your spine.
Week 5 C-7
Channels: ovarian palace, vagina, perineum, sacrum, T-11, C-7
After the energy leaves T-11 it must travel to c-7 (cervical-7). You can feel these bones at the back of the neck when you bend your head. The energy becomes refined when it reaches this level.
After a while of practising your lungs will become stronger and your ability to draw energy with each inhalation will increase.
Start the exercise again from ovarian palace. Do steps 1 to 8 above then add step 9 and finish with the massage.
(9) As the energy progresses up the back of your neck keep inhaling and contracting the vagina while pushing your sternum (middle of your chest) backwards. (figure 15 reference)
In a circular motion counter-clockwise then clockwise massage the perineum, sacrum and all areas of your spine that you can reach. Massage the back of your neck.
Practice for one week before going to the next level.
Week 6 Jade Pillow
Channels: ovarian palace, vagina, perineum, sacrum, T-11, c-7, jade pillow.
Further up the neck, above c-7 is the jade pillow. This is the last stop before reaching the head.
Once again repeat the exercise from start and extend it. Do steps 1 – 9 above then add steps 10 – 11 and finish with the massage.
(10) Keep your chin down towards your chest as this will help the energy travel smoother up the Jade pillow located at the base of the skull.
(11) Exhale and relax a little while keeping attention on the back of your neck. Repeat the exercise from start 9 times.
Massage the perineum in a circular motion and all the areas of your spine that you can reach from the base to the back of your neck. The massage should be gentle. Try to feel the bones in the spine.
Week 7 Head
First channels: ovarian palace, vagina, perineum, sacrum, t-11, c-7, jade pillow, head.
Second channels: forehead, eyes, nose, throat, heart, stomach.
The head is heaven and home of higher consciousness, it is the level after the jade pillow. The brain houses the cerebellum, occipital lobe, pineal and pituitary glands. The cerebellum and occipital lobe are storage areas for sexual energy. The Pituitary gland transforms sexual energy into spiritual energy and has many other important functions.
Again you will extend the previous exercise and bring the energy from ovarian palace straight to the head. Do steps 1 – 11 above then add steps 12 – 20 and finish with the massage.
(12) Continue to inhale while drawing energy from the ovarian palace as it travels to the vagina, perineum, spine and head.
(13) Close your eyes and look up while using the mind to guide the energy to your head so it can connect with your pineal and pituitary gland.
(14) Rest a while and feel the energy traveling without the help of PC contractions. Then repeat the exercise 9 times.
(15) After 9 times there will be a significant amount of sexual energy in the brain. Circulate this energy by rotating your eyes counter-clockwise 9, 18 or 36 times then clockwise 9, 18 or 36 times.
(16) After circulation is complete use your tongue to touch the roof of your mouth just behind the teeth. The tongue acts as a switch to bring the energy down from the head where it can be stored in the heart or behind the navel. Leaving the energy in the head is dangerous and it is not recommend that beginners leave it in the heart as it may be too much to handle. Behind the navel is the safest place.
(17) Be aware of the energy as it travels down your eyes, nose, lips and heart.
(18) As the energy enters your heart smile and allow it to fill you with positive emotions.
(19) Continue to follow the energy as it leaves the heart and goes to the final destination behind the navel.
(20) The energy should be circulated at the navel 36 times counterclockwise then 24 times clockwise. Imagine a spiral rotating starting from the center of your navel. Gently rub your finger over the stomach in the direction of a spiral clockwise and counter-clockwise for guidance. As you get better using the finger won’t be necessary.
Massage the perineum, sacrum and spine and back of the neck in a circular motion, counter-clockwise and clockwise.
Ovarian Breathing Summary
After mastering the steps this summary may be used as a reference.
The entire exercise should now be one continuous fluid motion. You will inhale and contract the vagina once to bring the energy up the spine to your head and circulate the energy. After circulation you will touch the tongue on the roof of your mouth to bring the energy down the front of your body.
Inhale in short sips, gently squeeze the PC muscle while closing or contracting the vagina.
Exhale and guide the sexual energy from the ovaries to the front section of your perineum.
Rest for a minute while being aware of the energy as it travels from ovarian palace to perineum.
When enough energy has gathered in the perineum slightly inhale while contracting the middle and back of your perineum.
As you inhale and contract the middle and back of your perineum guide the energy up your sacrum.
During contraction straighten your back as if you were pushing it against a wall, then tilt your sacrum forward while pushing your chin down towards your chest.
As the energy progresses up the back of your neck keep inhaling and contracting the vagina while tilting your sacrum forward.
Continue inhaling while drawing energy from the ovarian palace as it travels to the vagina, perineum, spine and in the head.
Close your eyes and look up while using the mind to guide the energy to your head so it can connect with your pineal and pituitary gland.
Rest a while and feel the energy traveling without the help of PC contractions.
Repeat the exercise 9 times.
After 9 times there will be a significant amount of sexual energy in the brain. Circulate this energy by rotating your eyes counter-clockwise 9, 18 or 36 times then clockwise 9, 18 or 36 times.
After circulation is complete use your tongue to touch the roof of your mouth just behind the teeth to bring the energy down where it can be stored behind the navel.
Be aware of the energy as it travels down your eyes, nose, lips and heart.
As the energy enters your heart smile and allow it to fill you with positive emotions.
Continue to follow the energy as it leaves the heart center and goes to the final destination behind the navel.
The energy should be circulated at the navel 36 times counterclockwise then 24 times clockwise.
Gently rub your finger over the stomach in the direction of a spiral clockwise and counter-clockwise for guidance. Later when you become more advanced the finger won’t be necessary.
Consistent and Carefree
Be consistent in your practice, maintain a spiritual lifestyle, do the best you can and you’ll see positive results.
Mastering ovarian breathing gives you the ability to do it almost anywhere in various positions. Without anyone realizing you’ll be able to draw on the energy from your ovaries and use it.